Tuesday, August 01, 2023

August 2023 Ramble first suggestions



Good to see all 7 potential NERDS on our last outing, 100% attendance! Perhaps zero need to do any actual walking was part of the attraction?


Anyway we discussed the fact that August will mark 35 years of the NERDS. The first Ramble was from Lewes to Glynde by the founder members – Matt, Lafayette and myself – with lunch at The Trevor Arms. That establishment has been closed for years so no chance to repeat that. We did discuss the possibility of going to The Laughing Fish at Isfield – an old NERDS favourite. I have checked and it is possible to take the bus to The Halfway House for a pint then a short walk across the fields to The Fish. The return bus goes through Isfield so no probs there.


Now the difficult bit. We did originally look at Wednesday 23rd but that is now difficult for me. How about Thursday 17th? Any takers?


Harry

1 comment:

bt said...

Jeez Harry, I'd have to cancel my archive working + ensuing publishers' meeting but otherwise ok.

Count me in! Hope others can re-jiggle their important stuff like moi?

Famous-to-be a Frog Writer.......yeah......of course.......but soon.....little bear....
(Ah, this is a reference to the old Rupert Bear TV cartoons, whereupon the weird Chinese
Dragon quoted my favourite immortal lines "choose wisely, little bear". Well I blew that one
from the start!

Frogster

ps , anyone want to buy a 14 year old car with good behaviour?