Monday, July 25, 2016

2nd July Ramble Ammendments

Hi guys

I've been getting a lot of very bad and negative feedback about these bloody Southern trains
so I propose that we shelve the walk from Berwick to Upper Dicker until more favourable times.

Instead I have a bijou favourite local ramble but it would no fun for Harry to get hereabouts from Lewes except on the 11:05 123 Compass bus from Lewes Bus Station, arriving in Newhaven Lower Place at 11:36 (with the last return 123 to Lewes from Sainsburys @ 17:39 or Newhaven Town Station @ 17:41 or Newhaven Lower Place @ 17:44, and arriving at Lewes Bus Station at 18:16). See how quickly I'm becoming a boring old bus anorak?

All I can then suggest is that we all meet up with Harry at the Newhaven bus stop at 11:36, go for an early lunch at the Flying Fish, then take an afternoon hike back towards Bishopstone/Seaford up and along the Downs (Rookery Way) and back to Bishopstone Station area so that Harry (and Charles, if he so desires) could jump on a 12 and get back to the preferred bus stop in good time for the last 123 Compass bus. The option for the remaining Seafordites would be to walk along the seafront or catch their own no 12.

I shall leave it up to each individual as to how you'll get to Newhaven Lower Place. Personally I think a no 12 @ 10:30 and a coffee in Newhaven Centre might go down a treat? Sorry I still don't have a mobile Charles but I'm sure someone else will!

Frog One

This change of ramble comes with grateful thanks to Tony, Imogene and Matt!

Brian! Are you getting all this!

Oh Yes, Froggy; I'm getting all of this for the "Blog".

No comments: