Tuesday, February 13, 2024

February's Ramble arrangements



Hi,



First of all, very sorry to hear about Paco. Hope for a speedy recovery and a safe return to Blighty. Via a luxury hotel suite with hot tub perhaps! Paco – stay away from the Canary Islands!

Anyway, this month we meet on Wednesday 21st. A gentle stroll to The Rainbow

in Cooksbridge beckons. We will be enjoying the carvery which was excellent last time. I have booked for 5 or 6 as I don’t know how many we will be at table. Steve hopefully will be joining us.

I’m not sure if Matt will be driving or taking the train but I have booked the meal for 12.45. Those arriving by train should take the 11.24 from Seaford. I will meet you on Platform 2 at Lewes station.

Cheers

Harry

1 comment:

BT said...

Dear Los Nierdos,

Paco phoned me this morning - at 0650hrs! He was in Gran Canaria on hols with some of his extended family, and he'd obviously forgotten that he was one hour ahead.
Anyway he's in hospital because his blood pressure is astronomically high and he's having lots of tests. He hasn't had a heart attack, just high blood pressure and lots of tests,
Reading between the lines he will probably have to stay there for a while and may even have to be medi-vacced, although negotiating that (again) with his travel insurance should be fun.
So just to let you all know what's happening - oh and he said he probably wouldn't make it back in time for the next ramble, which is actually why he phoned me.

So wish him luck, I expect he'll spend a boring week in the lap of luxury like last time.

Charlie.