Tuesday, December 28, 2021

2022 Ramble in January

 






Dear NERDS,


I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and are now recovered. 


The next ramble will be on Tuesday January 4th which coincides with my being 75 - I know, I know, no applause needed.

Provided that we are still allowed to mingle on this historic date, we shall go to Berwick for a snifter and then on to The Cricketers for lunch.

Firm joining instructions will appear in due course.

Love.
Lafayette.
P.S. Keep praying for Paco.

1 comment:

Froggy said...

Thank you Charles for giving us something to look forward to in such gloomy times. Christmas was good but not quite amazing (I didn't get the blow-up dolly I had craved for)!

The Martello Tower was quiet for the first 2 hours then Seaford woke up and we were peppered by random locals!

The proposed ramble is a good middle-distance ramble for older legs and we will be able to, and for the last time, probably, walk up the middle of the road back towards the Berwick Inn, where the owners have been there for the last 22 years, apparently. Seems a rather strange fact, given all the different faces behind the bar spanning the years, but it has always been a welcome pit stop or otherwise prior to, or immediately after the train!

Though my catholicism was sensibly stopped at the tender age of 11, and thus all manner of prayer died on that day died I am still "routing" for dear Paco and remember with great affection that first ramble after my bypass to the Juggs with him and Charles and my first foaming pint in 10 weeks. I hope this happy occasion can soon be repeated for Paco.

Froggy X